Welcome to RobWel
Originally established in 1990, RobWel has a proven track record in construction, maintenance, manufacturing and fabrication. Purchased in 2001 by Clearwater River Dene Nation, RobWel is 100% first-nation owned.
Our diverse customer base includes prominent members of the industrial, mining, forestry and oil and gas sectors. We supply fabrication, site installation, maintenance and shutdown services to projects throughout Western Canada. Our extensive experience enables us to provide our customers with innovative, efficient solutions to all of their industrial and construction needs.
- RobWel is ABSA authorized to field fabricate, repair, and alter ASME B31.3 process piping and ASME B31.1 power piping (including Boiler External Piping) in the province of Alberta.
- RobWel is also Saskatchewan Boilers Branch authorized to shop and field fabricate ASME B31.3 process piping and ASME B31.1 power piping (including Boiler External Piping) in Saskatchewan.
- RobWel’s Conklin Operation includes an office and approximately 5,000 square feet of heated shop space.
- RobWel has been working towards ISO 9001: 2008 Certification.
- RobWel is ISNetworld registered.
- RobWel is part of the Clearwater River Dene Nation Group of Companies.
In early 2009, RobWel completed a 14,000 square foot steel building expansion. The newly constructed building is approximately 40 feet high and includes a large shop, five offices and a conference room. The building is equipped with one 5-tonne crane and one 10-tonne crane and has enabled RobWel to become more competitive as the company is able to complete contracts more efficiently and at a higher standard of quality.
RobWel’s expansion was constructed entirely by RobWel employees.
The modern facility creates a favourable work environment for employees with its state-of-the-art heating, lighting and air filtration system, increasing productivity and enabling RobWel to attract and retain experienced skilled employees.
Overall safety of the company has also improved as all of the fabrication and construction takes place in one facility instead of in three smaller buildings.
Facilities and Equipment
RobWel owns all of its equipment and facilities, so is able to mobilize quickly to meet customer demand.
- 14,000ft² of fabrication space in Meadow Lake, SK
- 15 ton overhead crane capacity with 30 foot doors
- Dedicated sandblasting and painting facility
- Machine shop
- 5 acre module production and laydown space
- Positioners, power rollers and equipment for pipe and pressure vessel fabrication
- Fleet of service vehicles including cranes, picker trucks, backhoes and vac trucks
- Typical staffing levels of 150 to 200 employees to facilitate quick response times as need arises
- Remote office and shop facilities in Fort Saskatchewan and Conklin, AB
In conjunction with our sister company, IWL Steel Fabricators, RobWel has access to an additional 30,000 ft² of fabrication space and 5 acres of module production and laydown area.
Equipment and services available through IWL include:
- Full 3D modelling capabilities
- In house CAD / CAM and project management
- Professional Engineering staff
- 5-Axis CNC robotic beam line
- CNC plasma / oxy cutting
- Automated production piece traceability
- Canadian Welding Bureau certified to CSA Standard W47.1 Div 2
- Canadian Institute of Steel Construction Quality Systems certified for Steel Structures
- ISNetworld registered